- China "bad bank" IPO offers bet on slowdown
- Jay urges senators not to harm Iran deal
- U.S.-backed Syrian rebel commander flees country
- Kerry alleged to be dooming Mideast peace talks
- Former Thai premier charged with murder
- Bangladesh approves execution of opposition leader
- Advertising industry facing key challenges
- Obama urged to protect Nuba women, children as part of legacy on Sudan
- Darfur's Sissi urges to deploy Sudanese troops on CAR border
- South Sudan security confiscate copies of independent newspaper
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 12, 01:25 AM
GRAND FORKS, N.D. - Two student pilots are seated shoulder to shoulder before a bank of video monitors, maneuvering an unmanned aircraft by keyboard and mouse as the drone descends toward a virtual runway in a suburban landscape.
Aaron Gabrielson and Andrew Regenhard, aviation students at the University of North Dakota and self-proclaimed video-game junkies, could just as well be sitting on a couch playing Xbox.
Dozens of other schools offer some courses in what's known as UAS - unmanned aircraft systems - which range from drones as big as small planes to 2-foot-wide mini-helicopters.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 11, 09:37 PM
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - Talk about change in baseball.
Seattle is spending, adding two-time All-Star Corey Hart and Logan Morrison to go along with Robinson Cano.
The New York Mets also are flashing big bucks, striking a deal with pitcher Bartolo Colon after signing Curtis Granderson.
|Provide as much information as you know, and click Get Map.|
Wind: 5 MPH NNE
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|